Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 1 Offical start.

OK the big day has arrived! We are off and running. First off last night was tough. I did not fall asleep until 3:45 AM with a 5:30 AM wake up call. I was able to catch a little sleep but truth be told I was to hyped up to sleep. I am feeling it now.
My first ever wet skid pad was awesome. Although I was not the fastest nor did I have the most G forces, I still finished without wrecking and wiping out. I finished way back in the pack at 67th place out of 75. Not the start I was looking for but I am not complaining about it. Everything here happens to dang fast! OK with that out of the way, it was time to get the Oval. We packed up and made it to the South Bend Speedway in about 10 minutes. This is something I always wanted to do. I was asked by a competitor to race him in the Oval with his GTR. I said "might as well" SO I lined up and we were 2nd in line. Off we went before I knew it the event was over. I raced around the track 3 times and it was over. The scores were added up and we finished in 11th place. Not bad! Not bad at all! We packed up and drove the 140 miles to Autobahn Country Club in Joilet, IL. Were we now sit and wait for the 4 PM est time racing. I will keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment