Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 1

Day 1: And One Lap has begun! What a crazy start to our morning. Derek's eyeglasses broke somehow in the middle of the night. He does not have a spare pair in the event these get toasted. I think it was the One Lap ghost that came into the room and broke them.




We came out of the hotel this morning felling refreshed from a great night sleep. One problem.... No one was at the hotel and all the drivers were already at the TireRack registration tent. Ummmm, I am an old military guy and showing up on time means your late! Derek and I raced over to the tent about 6 miles away to see a bunch of drivers already going through tech and putting the stickers on the car. We decided to join them. It took about 3 hours to get everything on and in order. Some teams had professional detailers/installers come out and install for them. Awesome work!















I had a good friend Blake Hutchinson from WannaGOFAST.com send me some shirts to wear at the event. If you want to drive down a airplane runway in your own car for a 1/2 mile this is the event to do it in. He recently posted an event this past week and it SOLD OUT IN 24 HOURS! This is one not to miss if you can do it! Thanks again for the shirts Blake!




Some of you might know and some not, that we have been picked to be a team on a possible reality TV show. The producer needed to mic us up and interview us today. This was really fun to do. I know I have the business Bob hat on sometimes, but my close friends know I am a character and love to crack people up. Now which way do you think I went? It was fun to do the first interview. Kirsty (producer) was super nice and we had fun. Isn't that what it's all about?






We then headed off to the first driver meeting. It was very informative and laid back. It's all about safety here. This is why I like this event. I know I am not a professional race care driver, so I am learning and this is my journey.




After the drivers meeting we had to go to the rookie meeting. This is Brock Yates Jr. He is the one who put on the event and has great staff with him. All very helpful.



Rita, here is your daily update on Derek. Yes he ate again!


No comments:

Post a Comment